"Photographers deal in things
which are continually vanishing
and when they have vanished
there is no contrivance on earth
which can make them come back again."
I first became interested in photography in high school. My skills and desire became more intense during the time I was in the service and purchased my first 35mm SLR. Having taught photography at the high school level and in combination with the introduction of digital, I have been reinvigorated again. Plus, with the added flexibility and creativity of Lightroom and Photoshop it allows visually creative photographers to explore new boundaries.
I have been a member of Upper Cape Camera Club for eight years and attended the NECCC Conference for five years. I have judged and presented at many clubs on and off cape in the past few years.
• Retired 2009 from 24 years of teaching Graphic Design, Photography and Art History at Cape Cod Regional
Technical High School, Harwich
• 2008-2012: Director of Competition at Upper Cape Camera Club.
• 2009-2018: Judge at photo competitions for the Lower Cape Rose Society and the Cape Cod Art Association Camera Club, Whaling City Camara Club, Stony Brook Camera Club, View Finders Camera Club, Fall River Camera Club, Cranberry Country Camera Club
• 2009-2012: Advisor to the Barnstable High School Photography Club
• Second place and two honorable mentions in the Annual Cape Cod Viewfinders Club Juried Photography Contest,
held at the Creative Arts Center in Chatham.
• Honorable Mention from the New England Camera Council
• First place in the Upper Cape Camera Club Annual Competition
• First place in the Waquoit Bay Estuarine Reserve Photo Competition
• Jurors Award Falmouth Art Center
• Honorable Mention NECCC Digital Circuit
• MNEC Masters recognition by NECC
• Honorable Mention at Cotuit Center for the Arts Tripping The Light Fantastic Show
• Cape Cod Times, Falmouth Enterprise, and on the cover of the United States Power Squadron monthly magazine,
The Ensign, Casa Gulia, Umbria, Italy
• The Cape Cod Museum of Art
• Cape Cod Tech Student and Faculty Art show
• Cape Cod Conservatory
• Falmouth Artists Guild
• Maser Gallery
• Cotuit Center for the Arts
• Bird Watching